Mission conducted for the Directorate of Civil Security of Yemen, « Disaster Managment Project », financed and controlled by United Nations Development Program Yemen.
- Information from national and local authorities ;
- Study and mapping of the hazard, preliminary study of the vulnerability of coastal populations ;
- Capacity building for disaster management in communities "cookies" and with the staff of the Civil Security ;
- Audit and transfer of skills from the Civil Security (nationally to local) ;
- Audit and recommendations on warning systems for people, the training of Civil Security, and in-depth studies of vulnerabilities ;
- Emergency Plan Review Specialist ;
- Development of tools for prevention among populations, prevention for people and policy recommendations in light of the establishment of a prevention campaign.
Sahal, A. and Hoebreck, C.: Reports for the Disaster Managment Project, Ministry of Interior, Republic of Yemen, and for United Nations Development Program Yemen :
- Handbook for Community-Based Disaster Management Practitioners
- Hazard Map (report and GoogleEarth .kml files)
- Vulnerability Assessment Report
- Awareness Raising Strategy
- Operational Early Warning System
- Standard Operational Procedures and National Disaster Management Plan with Tsunami Perspective
- Needs Assessment on Capacity Building Report on mission
D.M.P., U.N.D.P., 2009.